*EXCLUSIVE TO SHADE AUSTRALIA We offer an extra 12 months warranty on top of the 12 months manufacturers warranty offered by Shelta. Standard warranty terms apply.
The Striped Savannah rotates 360 degrees and locks into place with an easy to operate foot pedal. The entire canopy tilts with a strong and easy to use mechanism. When the umbrella is folded down the canopy retracts back against the main post making storage a breeze. No central pole means no worries and maximum usable space.
We think The Savannah is the perfect umbrella for those looking for ready-made shade at an affordable price. The Savannah is made from rust-resistant aluminium with marine grade fittings, perfect for swimming pool areas. The oval-shaped yacht mast is powder coated anthracite and is covered with a premium grade O’bravia canvas.
The Savannah is a longstanding favourite at Shade Australia and over the years we’ve sold thousands of these umbrellas to customers right around Australia.
The Savannah is built with lots of practical features including an easy tilt and rotate feature and fabric canopy which blocks 98% of UV radiation as well as being showerproof.
- Easy tilt feature to block morning or afternoon sun
- 360° Degree Rotation
- Optional Wheeled XL Resin Base
- Optional Large Resin Base
- On-ground or bolt-down installation
- Protective water-resistant cover to keep umbrella protected when closed - Complimentary extra
- LED light option
- Fade-resistant fabric – UPF 50+ or 98% UV block
BEWARE: Our Shelta Savannah Cantilever is made with premium quality O'Bravia Fabric which gives a 99% UV Block (UPF 50) and has a 3 Year Fade Resistance Warranty. Olefin fabric has a UPF 20 to 30 and has a 1 Year Fade Resistance Warranty.
SHAPES & SIZES
The Striped Savannah is available in 2 popular shapes & sizes;
- 3.8m Octagonal
- 3.3m Square
Please note: This diagram gives important measurements to be aware of when choosing a Savannah Cantilever Umbrella. For example, the closing height of the arms (Measurement F) can be quite low and if the umbrella is positioned close to a structure such as a spa, the umbrella may not have enough clearance to open.
|SIZE||3.8m Octagonal||3.3m Square|
Measurements in mm. To be used as a guide only
O'Bravia Fabric is a premium quality canvas made specifically for outdoor applications. It is manufactured using a special process that locks the colour deep into the fibres of the fabric to prevent fading. It is highly water-resistant and has an excellent UV protection of 98% or a UPF of 50. O'Bravia Canvas is the perfect blend of high UPF, water resistance, fade resistance and price. It is far superior to other fabrics such as Olefin and polyester. It compares favourably with more expensive fabrics such as Sunbrella but doesn't come with the high price tag.
Choose from a modern palette of colours from the genuine O'Bravia colour range.
|Sunshine and White||Navy and White|
*Please note: Colours may vary slightly between screens and the actual product.
When selecting your canopy colour, be mindful if you have light coloured pavers such as Travertine or Sandstone, of the glare factor. Natural absorbs a lot more glare than Eggshell and you don't want to need your sunglasses on to sit under your new umbrella!
The Savannah features a white powder coated colour frame.
The Savannah comes with a range of options for installation.
- An on ground crossbar base and a bolt down baseplate is a standard inclusion. (Shown below). The on ground base requires the use of 6-8 ballast blocks or pavers (not included). These can be easily sourced from a hardware or nursery supply store and need to be 450-500mm square.
- The bolt down baseplate can be secured to a concrete slab. It requires 4 anchor bolts which can be supplied by Shade Australia as an optional extra (we recommend and supply Hilti Anchor bolts for their ease of use and strength). Use Hilti HSA-F M8x100mm if you are bolting directly to a 100mm thick reinforced slab. If you have pavers on top of the slab we recommend Hilti HSA-F M8x130mm bolts.
- An optional Extra Large Resin Base with retractable wheels gives the umbrella added flexibility. If you wish to move the umbrella around and have a flat surface, the Wheeled Resin Base can be a great addition. It is also available in the Large Resin Base (No Wheels). The Resin Base is required to be filled with ballast before use. We recommend using sand or blue metal (not water).
- Shade Australia is proud to offer an inground base option made especially for the Savannah umbrella. This is a galvanised in-ground base that is set into a footing around 450mm dia by 800mm deep depending on the soil type.
Requires 6-8 pavers to act as ballast. Pavers are not included.
This base is included with the umbrella. It requires 4 x Anchor bolts.
|Large Resin Base with no wheels. Requires Sand or Blue Metal.||Wheeled Resin base with wheels. Requires Sand or Blue Metal.|
Galvanised inground base. Exclusive to Shade Australia.
|Included||Included||Optional Extra||Optional Extra||Optional Extra|
|Comes in a white colour to suit the frame||Only available in Charcoal|| |
UMBRELLA OVERVIEW - REVIEW
The Savannah has become our most popular cantilever umbrella and it’s easy to see why. It is a large well-constructed umbrella made using premium fabrics and fittings. It is suitable to use in breezy conditions and the canopy provides excellent UV protection from the sun. When the umbrella is not required, it simply folds back onto itself and fitted with its protection cover it is neat and discrete, ready for use next time.
You’ll find additional information about this product by using the Tabs at the top of the page. Of course, you’re always welcome to emails us HERE for more information about the Savannah or call us during normal business hours on Freecall 1800 155 233.
UMBRELLA TIPS & TRICKS
How to secure a Cantilever Umbrella
Cantilever umbrellas need more weight than centre post umbrellas to make them stable. Some really big cantilever umbrellas like the Asta and Revolvashade need to be bolted down or installed with an in-ground base. Some of the medium-sized umbrellas like the Savannah and Lynden can be used with movable bases filled with either water or gravel.
SIDE MOUNT UMBRELLA
The Savannah is a side mount umbrella. Also called side post umbrella, cantilever umbrell