NOTE: The difference between the Italian Piazza Heavy Duty and Italian Piazza Commercial is that the commercial model has a PVC canopy whilst the Heavy Duty model has an Acrylic Canvas Canopy. Read below to compare the two.
This umbrella range was designed and has been manufactured in the same Australian factory for nearly four decades. Over this time the design has remained virtually unchanged which is a testament to the enduring strength and ease of operation of this magnificent umbrella. Its superior design and construction combine to create a commercial umbrella able to withstand the rigours of the most demanding conditions.
- Internal Rack and pinion gearbox for easy opening and closing
- 82.5 x 5mm Structural Aluminium mast
- 100% outdoor Acrylic canvas or commercial quality PVC canopies
- Canopies suitable for screen-printing
- Commercial reinforced arm extrusions for extra strength
- Suitable for bolt down or inground installation with custom base options available
- Multiple canopy options including valance or straight edge
- All fittings stainless steel
Italian Piazza Commercial Umbrellas also have the option of a valance. This is a strip of fabric sewn around the perimeter of the umbrella. Valances are popular in commercial settings where customers like to screen print the name of their restaurant or café onto the valance.
Valances can have a straight edge or a scalloped edge.
Another feature is to contrast the colour of the Valance binding. If your canopy and valance are red for example, a black binding or edging can really give a great effect. Call us to discuss colour combinations.
SHAPES & SIZES
|SQUARE SHAPE||OCTAGONAL SHAPE|
|SIZE||TOTAL COVERAGE||SIZE||TOTAL COVERAGE|
|3.0m x 3.0m||9.0 sq.m||3.5m||8.73 sq.m|
|3.6m x 3.6m||12.96 sq.m||4.0m||11.25 sq.m|
|4.0m x 4.0m||16.0 sq.m||4.5m||14.4 sq.m|
|4.5m x 4.5m||20.25 sq.m||5.0m||17.15 sq.m|
| 4.8m x 4.8m||23.04 sq.m ||5.5m||21.45 sq.m|
Each umbrella is made to your exact specifications so you should anticipate a lead time from placement of order to delivery of around 6-8 weeks depending on the time of year. Note: It is less in winter and can be longer in summer.
Each umbrella in the range has an engineer certified wind rating in excess of 100km/h when opened. The engineer certificate is provided under the Brochures tab. It is important to read and understand this wind rating correctly. For further information, please contact us.
Italian Piazza Umbrellas are available in two different canopy fabrics;
- Soltis Proof® 502 PVC (called the “Commercial Range”) and
- Bradmill® Acrylic (called the “Commercial Range”).
What’s best for me? The PVC option is often popular with restaurants and cafes where meals are being served all day or when a White canopy is required. Acrylic canvas typically lasts longer than PVC, is fully colour fast and is still highly water resistant.
Bro Soltis PVC material has a collection of 40 colours to suit all needs, if you do not see a colour you are after please give us a call on 1800 155 233 to discuss. As well as a large range of colours Bro Soltis PVC is a fabric of flexibility and strength providing total freedom of shape and size. Other features include:
- A weldable PVDF Surface treatment to improve dirt resistance
- A very smooth finish ensures easy upkeep
- Tried and tested protection against heat and bad weather for year round comfort
- Maximum UV protection: Soltis Proof 502 blocks 100% UV rays (UPF50+ For all colours).
- Does not tear for longevity
Can’t decide on a colour online? No problem, just give us a call and we’ll post a fabric sample booklet in the mail so you can see the exact colour.
*Please note: Colours may vary slightly between screens and the actual product.
Yes, we can screenprint your new Italian Piazza Commercial Umbrella. Send through your artwork and we’ll provide you with a written quotation.
Italian Piazza Commercial Umbrellas are made to order allowing you to select the colour which best suits your décor. Choose from our standard powder coated colour range or click on the Expanded range for even more colour options.
|White||White Birch||Primrose||Stone Beige||Silver|
Italian Piazza Commercial require either a bolt down or inground installation. They are not suitable for use with a mobile or relocatable base. It is possible to remove these umbrellas, however, you should not select this umbrella if you need to do so on a regular basis.
Installation is relatively straight forward. If you are planning an inground base (i.e. into grass, pavers or soil, have us send the inground base to you ahead of time, that way you have plenty of time to get the base set whilst the umbrella is being manufactured. When the umbrella arrives the base will be set and you can stand the umbrella.
- Bolt down Baseplate: Ideal where the umbrella is being installed on a more permanent setting or where it is particularly breezy. You will need a suitably strong concrete slab to bolt to at least 100mm thick and reinforced. For baseplate details including hole centres go to the Brochures Tab.
- Inground Base: Usually with this style of installation we send the inground socket out ahead of time allowing you/your handyperson to concrete it in and let the concrete set. When the umbrella arrives, the base is secure and you can stand the umbrella.
NOTE: If you need assistance with installation we have installers in most capital cities who can assist you – just give us a call.
Option up your Italian Piazza Commercial Umbrella with a wide range of Accessories including:
- Clear PVC or Shade side curtains
- Umbrella gutters to link multiple umbrellas or back to a building
Call us for a quotation.
If you are looking for a high quality commercial umbrella which looks amazing, requires minimal maintenance and is suitable for windy areas then this umbrella is an investment worth making. These umbrellas have proven themselves in thousands of locations from schools and resorts to family homes and restaurants. They are literally an investment in your comfort and style promising to look great and last for many years into the future.
Of course, we understand that you may have more questions and we’d love to answer them! Just give us a call on Freecall 1800 155 233 and one of our friendly staff will be happy to do their best to provide you with all the information you require.