Each Cafe & Courtyard Umbrella is made to order allowing you to select the perfect combination of size, colour, shape and mounting option. Each umbrella is built on an oversized 60mm diameter frame and is fitted with a premium 100% outdoor acrylic canopy. All fittings are stainless steel. This is an investment which will look great and provide many years of reliable service.
An oversized 60mm diameter x 2mm thick aluminium frame creates the foundation for these umbrellas. Other features of these umbrella which make them such a high quality market umbrella include;
- Proudly Australian made
- Rope cleat slider for easy open and close
- Premium quality marine grade rope for opening and closing
- 60mm diameter mast makes the frame lightweight yet strong
- Powdercoated aluminium frame (your choice of colours only)
- Marine grade Acrylic canvas canopies (wide range of colours)
- Canopies suitable for screen printing
- Reinforced arm extrusions for extra strength
- Multiple options for installation including bolt down base, inground socket and movable baseplate
- Multiple canopy options including valance or straight edge
- Interchangeable parts
- Quick fit canopy system
- Fitted top cap and large wind vent for stability
- Arm ends fitted with plastic plugs to enhance overall finish
- Single piece pole for strength
- Suitable for use with our Brolly Trolley™ to make relocating and moving the assembly safe and easy
- All fittings stainless steel
SHAPES & SIZES
|2.0m x 2.0m
|2.5m x 2.5m
|2.8m x 2.8m
|3.0m x 3.0m
Cafe & Courtyard Umbrellas also have the option of a valance. This is a strip of fabric sewn around the perimeter of the umbrella. Valances are popular in commercial settings where customers like to screen print the name of their restaurant or cafe onto the valance. Valances can have a straight edge or a scalloped edge.
Another feature is to contrast the colour of the Valance binding. If your canopy and valance are red for example, a black binding or edging can really give a great effect. Call us to discuss colour combinations.
Each canopy is individually handmade from 100% outdoor acrylic canvas. This fabric is extremely hard wearing and completely fade resistant with a 5 Year Warranty pro rata against UV degradation. The fabric is highly water resistant making it suitable for rain as well as sun protection. It also offers a full UPF block equivalent to stopping 99% of UV Rays. Standard colours shown below - call us for additional options.
Cafe & Courtyard Umbrellas are available in a wide range of fade proof colours. We can manufacture multi colour canopies – call to discuss. Can’t decide on a colour online? No problem, just give us a call on 1800 155 233 and we’ll post you out a fabric sample booklet in the mail so you can see the exact colour.
Yes, we can screen print your new Cafe & Courtyard Umbrella. Send through your artwork and we’ll provide you with a written quotation.
Cafe & Courtyard umbrellas are made to order allowing you to select the colour which best suits your décor. Choose from our standard powdercoated colour range of click on the Expanded range for even more colour options.
Cafe & Courtyard umbrellas arrive fully assembled ready for use. In terms of selecting the way to install your umbrella so that it is stable there are multiple options. These include;
- Movable Umbrella Base: Suitable if you need to move your umbrella around or take it in and out each day. It is important that the umbrella be matched to a suitably heavy and stable base. The best base option is the Sunranger Umbrella Bases. These are a bit more expensive than a normal umbrella base but have many advantages including, industrial rust prevention treatment, the ability to be weighted-up to remain stable in breezy conditions.
We recommend that when you purchase movable baseplates for your umbrella that you consider purchasing a Brolly Trolley™. This make it safe and easy to move your umbrella and base around without any heavy lifting.
- Bolt down Baseplate: Ideal where the umbrella is being installed on a more permanent setting or where it is particularly breezy. You will need a suitably strong concrete slab to bolt to.
- Inground Base: Usually with this style of installation we send the inground socket out ahead of time allowing you/your handyperson to concrete it in and let the concrete set. When the umbrella arrives, the base is secure and you can stand the umbrella.
- Removable Inground Base: Many Local Councils require the use of an inground sleeve whereby the umbrella is secured by placing it into a pre-installed socket. In this instance, the umbrella slips onto the sleeve and is secured by a flap or pin. When removed, the cap flips closed and the area is safe leaving no trip hazard.
Option up your Cafe & Courtyard Umbrella with a wide range of Accessories including:
Café & Courtyard Umbrellas are a premium quality umbrella manufactured in Australia. You should expect to get many, many years of reliable service from an umbrella of this kind. Many customers call us up after a decade and we simply make them a new canopy allowing their umbrella to continue on and do it all over again. If you’re looking for the highest quality centrepost umbrella to look great and last for years this umbrella is an excellent investment.
You’ll find additional information about this product by using the Tabs at the top of the page. Of course you’re always welcome to call us during normal business hours on Freecall 1800 155 233.
Can I print my logo on this umbrella?
Yes, your Café and Courtyard Umbrella can be screen-printed. Remember, the more colours in your logo, the more expensive. Call us for a quote.
Are these umbrellas waterproof?
These umbrellas canopies are made with a marine grade acrylic canvas. This is a very hard wearing outdoor fabric designed specifically for applications such as this. The fabric is highly water resistant.
Can I use this umbrella in breezy conditions?
Yes. These umbrellas are designed to handle breezy conditions. They should however be collapsed in strong winds. When the canopies get wet, this makes them heavier than normal which can put extra stress on the frames. If the umbrellas are wet and it is windy, there is a higher risk of wind damage.
The other important thing is that for an umbrella to be stable in breezy conditions it must be adequately weighted down. We recommend that these umbrella be bolted down or installed with an inground fitting. Mobile baseplates are really only suitable for these umbrellas when they are installed in low wind environments.
How do I install this umbrella?
If you are bolting your umbrella down or installing it with an inground sleeve you may need to engage a tradesperson to assist with this part of the installation.
What’s the best price if I buy a quantity of these umbrellas?
Shade Australia has an across the board Price Beat Guarantee. Find the same item at a better price – send us the quotation and we will do our best to beat it, guaranteed!
Our online pricing is for single and smaller quantities. If you are wishing to purchase a larger quantity of these umbrellas, please call us and we will work out the best price for you.
What’s the lead time?
2-4 Weeks depending on the time of the year (Longer in summer shorter in winter).
Can this umbrella go through a table?
Yes, providing the hole in the table is at least 62mm dia*. You should also check the height of the table to confirm that the arms will close over it.
*Please note: If you are planning to put this umbrella through a table you should call us first as we need to adjust or method of manufacturing accordingly.
Refer to the umbrella measurements guide under the Tech Specs tab or call us and we’ll double check the measurements for you.
Can I leave this umbrella up all the time?
We recommend that you collapse the umbrella when not using it. After collapsing the umbrella pull the fabric out from between the arms and furl it around the umbrella and secure with the strap provided. Although it is a very strong umbrella and is tolerant to breezy conditions, it is always a good idea to exercise common sense in relation to the wind and collapse the umbrella to avoid damage.
What accessories do you recommend I purchase with this umbrella?
Certainly you will need to select the right umbrella base or mounting option for the job. We also recommend the following:
- An umbrella protection cover for when the umbrella is closed or not in use.
- Weight plates to add additional ballast to your umbrella baseplate
- Weight bags to add additional ballast to your umbrella baseplate
- A Brolly Trolley if you need to move your umbrella and baseplate on a regular basis.
- 303 Fabric Guard, Cleaner & Protectant
There is a 2-4 week lead time on this product. This lead time may vary depending on the time of year.
We ship this product Australia wide with reliable couriers such as TNT.
Once we dispatch an order, we will email you the tracking number. This allows you to track your delivery so you know when it is going to be delivered.
We do our best to ensure your order is packaged securely and arrives safely.
PLEASE NOTE: This item cannot be shipped to a PO Box or Parcel Locker.
We recommend an address that has a safe spot to leave the item or there will be someone there to sign for the delivery.
The Cafe and Coutryard comes with a 2 Year frame and fabric workmanship warranty The acrylic canvas canopy has a 5 Year Pro Rata Warranty against UV degradation.
Warranty covers the umbrella for use in normal conditions. The warranty does not cover damage caused by wind, or misuse. Should a warranty claim be made it is the responsibility of the customer to get the umbrella back to us or a repair depot which we designate. The condition of the umbrella will be assessed and if it is a legitimate warranty claim, we will carry out the repairs at our cost and return the umbrella to you at our cost.
THIS IS A MADE TO ORDER PRODUCT
As this product is made to order to your specifications and colours we are unable to accept returns due to change of mind (including if the product does not fit due to incorrect measurements). Your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us so please triple check all details before confirming your order.
Upon the arrival of your product, we encourage you to check and make sure that the product has been made to the measurements and colours that you specified as soon as possible without removing or throwing away any packaging.
Defective, Damaged or Mis-shipped Items
If we shipped you an item that is incorrect or damaged, you will be eligible for an exchange. When requesting for the exchange, please be ready to provide customer service with photographs clearly showing the problem as soon as possible. If you believe your item was damaged during shipping, we will need photographs showing the damaged packaging as well.
Please note: Percieved colour differences due to the display settings on your computer monitor are not grounds for a refund or exchange. If you would like to view our colours please call 1800 155 233 and ask one of our customer service team for a fabric sample delivered to you free of charge.
It is important to note that this product is made to order, whether you ordered a standard size or provided custom measurements and colours, materials cannot be reused once the manufacturing process has begun. The good news is that after placing your order there is still time to change your mind:
- Orders modified within 24 hours of payment confirmation may be altered to the new specifications - Please contact us as soon as possible